Jyoti Amge – 18-year-old student from India. She is known as the smallest woman now living in the world. It is officially registered in the Guinness Book of Records. Growth record holder is only 62.8 cm
1. On the day of delivery of the official certificate Jyoti celebrated her birthday.
2. Jyoti suffers from a disease known since ancient times – achondroplasia – skeletal system. One manifestation of this disease is dwarfism. The disease in humans can not be cured.
3. The disease is relatively rare – 1 in the 50-100 thousand.
4. In September 2009, Jyoti Amge hit the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s smallest teen to see the growth of 61.95 for two years, its growth increased by only 0.85 cm
5. Jyoti is now growing less than two years of a child.
6. Jyoti Amge could turn the smallest woman in history. Pauline Masters (1876-1895) lived in the Netherlands, Pauline’s growth was only 61 cm.